Quoting Erez Kirson, from the post of Mon, 16 Jun:

> it just checkes if nfs daemon is running ( using RPC )
> i took it from nagios to monitor NFS servers

this I test with showmount and the package I'm writing this for (mon)
already has a nice module of it's own to see if the RPC service is
registered. what I need is a test on the client side weather the
mountpoint was indeed mounted and is available. I guess that other than
asserting soft mounting I don't have many choices.

--
Merry wanderer of the night
Ira Abramov