> As I said in the example itself, you don't necessarily have to have a BSc
> have the necessary clue. However, when someone has a BSc, you can be sure
> that
> he *was* exposed to the required concepts and actually marked for them. So
> it
> gives you that much certainty.
My 2 cents to the thread: During highschool, in one of the "practical"
computer classes(That is, we actually used a computer for coding), I've
run into a case where a pascal program did not do what it expected to do.

I have attempted to trivialy debug the code using watches and checkpoints,
and asked the teacher to see the result.

She was in no way a clueless person, and she had a CS degree, yet she
couldn't understand what's the hell I was trying to do.

--
Idan