On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 10:25:47PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Rony Shapiro wrote:
>

> >>What about "cvs -qn up -r bugfix16"?
> >>

> >Exactly my point - you have to define a label "bugfix16", and adhere to
> >that
> >naming convention. What if someone creates a label "BugFix18"? The system
> >does not enforce any policy - you need the discipline to adhere to naming
> >conventions, and the luck to avoid typos...
> >
> What's wrong with having a script to enforce this,
> e.g. "submit-bugfix  16"?
>
> In my previous workplace we had a very very good locally evolved
> working procedure and command-line tools writen as Perl scripts
> wrapping Perforce and doing other stuff around it like updating the
> bugs database etc.
>
> In my current workplace me and a co-worker from the previous workplace
> are trying to reach a similar state, currently on top of CVS.

There is so,ething called "cvszilla":

  http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/~tonyg/

from what I read it is not trivial to install...

--
Tzafrir Cohen                       +---------------------------+
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       +---------------------------+

        • ... Yaacov Fenster - System Engineering Troubleshooting and other miracles
          • ... Shachar Shemesh
        • ... Rony Shapiro
          • ... Tzahi Fadida
            • ... Shlomi Fish