I in fact noticed in RH 9.0 hspell and aspell were locking up my system.
I was running a lowlatency kernel but found that jack and ardour were
slow.

I am now running Fedora, in kde and gnome window minimize slowly and
maximize slowly. Programs lock up and apt-get takes over to the point
where my mouse pointer dissapears for a time.

I am wondering if this is just a RH issue or Mandrake and friends also
have this problem??

Aaron