On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Aaron wrote:

> I in fact noticed in RH 9.0 hspell and aspell were locking up my system.
> I was running a lowlatency kernel but found that jack and ardour were
> slow.
>
> I am now running Fedora, in kde and gnome window minimize slowly and
> maximize slowly. Programs lockup and apt-get takes over to the point
> where my mouse pointer dissapears for a time.
>
> I am wondering if this is just a RH issue or Mandrake and friends also
> have this problem??

did you _read_ the mentioned post(s)? they give you a direction regarding
what to try doing.

try running the problematic program using:

LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 <program> <parameters...>

read the posts for the exact command - i might be typing it wrong here,
and i have no RH9 to test it on.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,