It all started because of Ilya.
I tried to get the notification thingy running and could not see the mail notification icon -
Naturally I CTRL-ALT-F1'nd to see what X warning if any exist and a slight sense of panic rose in me as I started keying in hysterically CTRL-ALT-F1 to F12.
I went to the keyboard shortcut section and as I suspected I havn't put anything there overriding thse shortcuts.
Cool shivers down my spine as I use my favorite self destruct method -
CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE ....
silence...
nothing...
Now this is realy frightening
I switched to KDE to see this isn't a system/X problem (Tzafrir said that XFree86-4.3 has a single desktop configuration mode).
But that can't explain how kde works with multiple terminals...
Could GNOME actually be trying to lock me in to a one virtual terminal world ??!!
What have I misconfigured and has anybody seen this kind of behaviour before ??
I'm using a almost unmolested version of the fedora-core gnome-2.4
anyway any help will be appreicated -
--
Lior Kesos  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Content Development Team Leader