About converting QText 5.x files:

I had the same problem. The trick was first to import them to QText 8, and then after some general checking and fixing, to save them as rtf files. The latter are easily imported to Word or OO, although some attributes will get screwed up. In particular all of the date fields on dated documents had to be re-entered. If you go that way, make sure you keep the originals handy (or hard copy).

Again, you can run QText 8 under cxoffice 3. I haven't tried putting up QText 5.

Since this is getting a bit OT, perhaps contact me privately about document conversion.