On 7/27/06, Meir Kriheli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Gil Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the following in xorg.conf:
> Section "InputDevice"
>        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>        Driver          "kbd"
>        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us,il"
>        Option          "XkbCompat"     "group_led"
>        Option          "XkbOptions"
> "grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
> EndSection
>
> This works nicely in kubuntu on an Compaq Evo 400, but does not work
> in xubuntu on a Toshiba Portege 3110.
>
> Running:
> setxkbmap -option grp:switch,grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll us,il
> Does work.
>
> The Toshiba has only one Ctrl and Alt set, could this be the problems?
> If so which XkbModel should be used?
>
> Thanks
>
> Gil

According to:
http://www.edginet.org/techie/linux/XF86Config-4

linked from:
http://www.edginet.org/techie/linux/laptop.html

it says pc102.

Use the following for additional info (choose "OS Machine Compatibility"
from the menu):
http://newsletter.toshiba-tro.de/main/

Cheers
--
Meir Kriheli

Thanks, but I guess the problem is elsewhere.  I should have guessed
that, since setxkbmap worked...

Any ideas welcome.

--
Gil Freund, Systems Analyst