On Saturday 31 March 2007, Julian Daich wrote:
> El vie, 30-03-2007 a las 19:11 +0200, Shlomi Fish escribió:
> > > By the way, I want to recall that it will the last opportunity to drink
> > > beer before Passover. So, those attendees who are interested can think
> > > about a place after the meeting. A possibility can be¨ Rosh Pina¨ it is
> > > at Bordetsky 5 min. walking from TAU, they have food, a happy hour,
> > > also is cheaper than the campus´ coffee shop and you not have to wait
> > > for big tables.
> >
> > I don't know about you, but I don't need beer (or any other alcohol or
> > caffeine or sugar or cigarettes or whatever) to feel good.
>
> I don´t believe you about sugars.

It's a fact. I'm perfectly happy without eating sugars. There was a time when
I didn't eat processed sugar for months. Recently, though I had a relapse. In
any case, I do eat carbohydrates.

If you want to know why I suspect sugar is bad, then you'll have to Google it.
Sugar may in fact be OK, at least for people who are not diabetical.

> > Beer would be nice
> > for people who can enjoy it, but I'm not going to a smoke-filled pub
> > instead of a nice outdoor cafי, like the TAU "Coffee to Go" which I
> > really like. If you want to hit a pub later - be my guest. If not - can
> > you consider wine instead?
>
> Considering the desires of some people last meeting, the intentions are
> to go to a quiet, cheaper, not smoke-filled, with better beers and no
> noisy people place, as the one that I´m proposing.

That would be nice.

> The idea is to have
> fun after enjoying the lecture so it will ups to the people.
> Shlomi, if you accept to come and try once, I´ll give you a Red Hat
> edition of the Elite´s chocolate bar.
> Yes, such thing exists and I have three and no, is not open source. It
> was only for free( as beer?);)

The only chocolate I eat is either sugar-free one or one with a large amount
of Cocoa.

Like I said, I don't need aphrodisiacs to feel happy. Just eating and chatting
with friends in a cafe is good enough. Not to mention "hacking": working on
code, writing articles, essays aphorisms, funny bits and stories, blogging
etc. This is real, long-term, happiness of having achieved something or
having genuine fun, not the short-term, temporary and back-firing happiness
of having consumed a mood-altering substance.

You might wish to see:

http://catb.org/esr/jargon/html/chemicals.html

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish