ביום רביעי 25 אפריל 2007, 15:09, נכתב על ידי Ehud Karni:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 11:56:38 +0300, יובל האגר wrote:
> > Ehud Karni: נכתב על ידי ,�15:46 ,2007 אפריל �23 ביום שני:
> > > You have to re-encode the file name to Hebrew UTF-8 like this:
> > >
> > > NEWNM=`echo "$NM" | iconv -futf8 -tlatin1 | iconv -fhebrew -tutf8`
> >
> > Thanks! I've been looking for some time how to do this.. I didn't think
> > there could even be a latin1/hebrew in a UTF-8 encoding..
> >
> > Anyway, that solves my problem too with file names, but how should I
> > handle ID3 tags?
>
> You can use the id3lib package ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/id3lib/ )
> to extract the "should be" Hebrew names, try to convert it using something
> like the command above, and, if successful, replace the original names.
> You can then write a script that will do it to all your songs.

Exactly!
It works flawlessly.

> I'm sure you can get this package for any Linux distribution. But also
> read this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/debian/+source/id3lib3.8.3/+bug/54136

Luckily, my distribution (Gentoo) includes this patch by default on the latest
id3lib version.

Anyway, using easytag v2.0 proved to be painless even in Hebrew and it does a
great work retagging, where my ripping program doesn't get it right.. Easytag
is so kind, it even checks if id3lib is broken with regards to UTF8 tags and
notifies about it.

Thanks!

--yuval
--