On Wed, Dec 26, 2007 at 10:30:04PM +0200, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Both /etc/zaptel.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf attached.
>

> The provider is Bezeq.
>

> Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
>
> >busydetect=yes
> >

> Yes. I uncommented busydetect, busycount and busypattern (500,500), and
> the problem seems better now (though not perfect). I'll have to tweak
> those around a bit, I think.

You don't really need to set busypattern. (and is the busypattern here
500,500?)

> >Is polarity reversal used anywhere in Israel? (Actually: it is simple to
> >test: enable debug loggin inAsterisk  - in logger.conf, 'core set debug
> >5', and look at the messages you get when a call comes in. See if you
> >see a message about "polarity").
> >
> I'm not sure I did what I was meant to do, but assuming I did, no, there
> was no mention of polarity.

Right. Not supported here. We have to resort to busydetect.

> >>1. Asterisk does not receive the caller ID from Bezeq.
> >>

> >This is usually because the line doesn't have caller ID enabled. Check
> >that with a caller-ID-enabled phone.
> >
> Checked, and the line does have caller ID. That's not it.

Quoting your zapata.conf here:

> callerid=asrecieved
> channel => 7
>
> callerid=asrecieved
> channel => 8

You have a typo there:

$ grep asrecieved /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zap.so
$ strings /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zap.so | grep asre
asreceived

That is a typo I have made too often.

> >>2. I cannot define a call group for outgoing calls (Zap/g1).
> >>

> >Incorrectly-configured zapata.conf?
> >
> >Could you please post it?
> >

> Attached are both files.

Try:

egrep '^(group|signalling|channel)' /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf

You have your FXS channel (1) in group 0 and your FXO channels (7,8) in
group 2. Try Zap/g2 instead of Zap/g1 .

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                    |  best