Ira,

The trick you're mentioning is by using the "-dump" feature in
mplayer, which saves the stream.
As much as I recall, the only way to play it back is only using mplayer.

Hetz

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Ira Abramov
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Quoting Geoffrey S. Mendelson, from the post of Wed, 09 Apr:
>  >
>  > It's a castup video which AFAIK can only be played online using I.E.
>  > I can't even get it to play on Windows with FireFox. It plays fine
>  > using I.E. 7. under Windows.
>  >

>  can't remember what streaming technology it was, but way back I managed
>  to capture and save to the disk the UDP broadcasts of Gala"tz using
>  mplayer. can't remember how I did it, it was a rewrite of a script by
>  Amos Shapira that let me record  Sha'a Historit via a cron job. at some
>  point though they changed technologies or something, but I remember I
>  used the same trick somehow (redirect the stream to the disk instead of
>  a decoder) to save a video stream or two in the past as well.
>
>  Find yourself a pre-compiled mplayer with all the "borowed" dlls from
>  windows and you may be in luck.
>
>  --
>  Mission accomplished
>  Ira Abramov
>  http://ira.abramov.org/email/

Skepticism is the lazy person's default position.
my blog (hebrew): http://benhamo.org