On Wednesday 09 April 2008, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 12:40:08PM +0300, Ira Abramov wrote:
> > can't remember what streaming technology it was, but way back I managed
> > to capture and save to the disk the UDP broadcasts of Gala"tz using
> > mplayer. can't remember how I did it, it was a rewrite of a script by
> > Amos Shapira that let me record  Sha'a Historit via a cron job. at some
> > point though they changed technologies or something, but I remember I
> > used the same trick somehow (redirect the stream to the disk instead of
> > a decoder) to save a video stream or two in the past as well.
>
> Thanks for the pointer,
>
> I've done it in the past, and use Mplayer to play streaming audio,
> but AFAIK castup is different and is specificaly designed (it's
> an Israeli company BTW) to not leave anything to be captured.
>
> Geoff.

Anything you can play using mplayer can be dumped, including castup streams.
It's just a matter of finding the correct URL for it.

For galatz stream, just use:
$ mplayer -dumpstream mms://stream.msn.co.il/glz-stream

When your done the file is named stream.dump, and is the same format as the
stream:

$ file stream.dump
stream.dump: Microsoft ASF

They do seem to make life hard tracking streams sometimes (it seems like
Keshet, Reshet and channel10 are in some kind of competition here, but Keshet
wins bigtime). So after a bit of hacking, the file you are interested is
actually at http://s3cdl.castup.net/server12/25188434-95.flv, so no need to
use mplayer at all.. :)

--y

--