On Sat, Apr 04, 2009 at 03:54:58PM +0300, Nitzan Brumer wrote:
> 1.I am using google desktop search : http://n2b.org/archives/699
> 2. Good: I use it to search my mail also, works fast and easy.
>     Bad: relay on he browser,

IIRC most other desktop search tools have more useful interfaces

> I don't know about privacy - can google use my desktop data?

What about permissions? Can other users on the system know the content
of your documents (or even that they exist)?

How much control do you have over when indexing is run?

What file types are supported?

Any such tool that is smart enough to allow searching the text of a
Hebrew PDF (which is visual Hebrew)

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | tzaf...@jabber.org | VIM is
tzaf...@cohens.org.il |                    |  best