Amos Shapira wrote:
2009/8/18 Danny Lieberman <dan...@software.co.il>:
d) We deploy security countermeasures to protect assets:
0) We don't use Google docs, Never.
1) None of our really sensitive assets are on Google Apps and that includes
Calendar and Mail

So what's left from your use of Google?

BTW - do you (the plural "you" to the entire list) consider mail
hosting by other companies besides Google as more secure?
In most aspects, yes.

First, another provider will likely be a smaller target (security by anonymity). Second, another provider are not cross linking your emails with other things they know about you. Granted, that's mostly because they don't have that other info, but whatever the reason - it works.

As for traditional security - Google's extra size is a mixed blessing. I wouldn't work with someone small using a tailor made solution, but someone using a standard solution is likely, in the long run, to provide comparable security level to those Google provide (theoretical more chance of being vulnerable is offset by less chance of being exploited).

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.