Danny Lieberman wrote:

3. Use a 10kg hammer. We have clients that insist on physical destruction of the data disk after a network surveillance.

Do you, at least, FIRST run the dd? I'm sure you realize that recovering data from a disk that got only the 10KG hammer is much easier (and cheaper) than recovering data from one that got only the dd treatment. As an added bonus, you just marked that disk as interesting by physically destroying it :-)

Personally, I think the best solution for anyone who cannot afford to physically melt the disk platters is to dd the entire disk, and THEN GO ON USING IT for another project.

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.