Omer Zak wrote:
Further questions and things to eliminate:
1. Are there timestamps in the machine code files (presumably embedded
by the linker, because the compile-time ones don't exist, by checking
for identical post-preprocessor files)?
None that get printed by "objdump -d". That's just the assembly.
2. The difference in paths suggested by Rony could also be due to
different handling of uppercase/lowercase in Windows vs. Linux.
None that get printed by "objdump -d". That's just the assembly.
3. Considering the two groups of client libraries which are identical in
both platforms vs. those which are different - is there any other
difference among them?
They are different codes. They are, obviously, different. I cannot say I find anything there that is likely to produce different objects.

Then again, the same source code gets compiled by two supposedly identical compilers using the same compiler flags. Why should the result by different?

Shachar

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Source Consulting Ltd.