On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:33 PM, Gabor Szabo <ga...@szabgab.com> wrote:

> I am trying letsencrypt.org . <http://letsencrypt.org>
> I just cloned their repo and started to follow their instructions, but
> then they say "nginx support is experimental, buggy, and not installed by
> default" and I am using nginx for most of my servers. I guess their nginx
> support will come soon and I can wait a bit though I wonder, have any of
> you used it on nginx?

When they say 'nginx support' they mean 'automatically configuring nginx
for you'. There are plenty other ways (including manual, with other clients
that doesn't force you to provide them with root access to your machine) to
just issue the cert from a CSR, and install the cert normally on any web
server you want. See for example
https://tty1.net/blog/2015/using-letsencrypt-in-manual-mode_en.html and
https://github.com/diafygi/letsencrypt-nosudo

HTH,