hi list
one more thing , ls * in the current directory is listing the contents
of my directory recursively on my machine. how is that ?( using bash )
something like echo */* . for i would expect ls * to list only the files
in current directories + the directory names ..

Shridhar Daithankar wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am stuck with couple of silly questions. Please help..
>
> 1)'ls -R'  does not list recursively.
> Consider this..
> [shridhar@neptune shridhar]$ cd Gold
> [shridhar@neptune Gold]$ ls -al
> total 23
> drwxrwxr-x    4 shridhar shridhar     1024 Jun 12 12:04 .
> drwx------    5 shridhar shridhar     1024 Jun  8 10:44 ..
> drwxr-xr-x    2 shridhar shridhar    19456 Jun 12 12:03 cbls
> drwxr-xr-x   24 shridhar shridhar     1024 Jun 12 12:24 others
> [shridhar@neptune Gold]$ ls -R *.cbl

 of late  i have  discovered this talent  that I am happy the way I am

 Rajeev Jha                              Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Tring Tring : +91(20)5424301 Xtn: 1126  web: http://www.rajeevjha.com