On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Yasunori Goto wrote:
> > > I'll try Milton's suggestion to pre-allocate the memory early.  It seems
> > > that should work as long as nothing else before the hot-plug mem is added
> > > needs a large chunk.
> >
> > Hello. Geoff-san. Sorry for late response.
> >
> > Could you tell me the value of the following page_size calculation
> > in vmemmap_populate()? I think this page_size may be too big value.
> >
> > ------
> > int __meminit vmemmap_populate(struct page *start_page,
> >                                        unsigned long nr_pages, int node)
> >                            :
> >                            :
> >         unsigned long page_size = 1 <<
> > mmu_psize_defs[mmu_linear_psize].shift;
> >                            :
> > -------
>
> 24 MiB

Bummer, messing up bits and MiB.

16 MiB of course.

With kind regards,

Geert Uytterhoeven
Software Architect

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
The Corporate Village · Da Vincilaan 7-D1 · B-1935 Zaventem · Belgium

Phone:    +32 (0)2 700 8453
Fax:      +32 (0)2 700 8622
E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Internet: http://www.sony-europe.com/

Sony Network and Software Technology Center Europe
A division of Sony Service Centre (Europe) N.V.
Registered office: Technologielaan 7 · B-1840 Londerzeel · Belgium
VAT BE 0413.825.160 · RPR Brussels
Fortis Bank Zaventem · Swift GEBABEBB08A · IBAN BE39001382358619