>> I think the "sapphire_rapids" is the code name for the server platform.
>
> If that's really the case, then:
>
> #define INTEL_FAM6_SAPPHIRERAPIDS_X     0x8F
>
> is wrong, those things should be uarch name, not platform name. Tony?

0x8F is the model number of the CPU that is named Sapphire Rapids that
goes into the Eagle Stream platform

If you want a uarch name, that might be the name of the core
(.... something-cove ... I can't keep track of the names of all the
coves). But that would likely lead to different confusion later if that
*cove core is used in some other CPU model number that doesn't
neatly fit into our _X, _L etc. suffix scheme)

-Tony