On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 19:01:39 +0100
James PEARSON <pearson...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2016 07:48:12 +0200
> ac <a...@main.me> wrote:
> > expensive... big avocados at our farmers market is currently $.17
> You should consider yourself lucky. For what it is worth, big
> avocados where I live are 1.69 € (or 1.84 US$) each.
> Regards from Paris
> James

wow, never mind hamburger economics, we should track the price of
Guacamole :)

what I have learned sofar is that people from all over the globe is
subscribed to the Seattle Linux List; that Phil Hughes is still alive,
healthy and well, living in Guatamala (where he is over paying for
fruit and has spotty internet/power and living with dangerous mozzis...
couldn't resist, sorry Phil hehehe )

That many of us seem to have a keen understanding of what avocados cost
at our local markets!

I am still wondering when details of the talks at Bellingham event
should be available (are you still waiting/looking for speakers/papers
and do you know when is that closing? Bill?)

Seeing as there are still some serious brains on this seemingly dead
list I would also like to ask for opinions (linux dudes and dudesses
love opining!) why ALL Linux mailing lists seems to be going the route
of the Dinosaurs?

Is it because we already all know everything we want to, about Linux
and fewer and fewer people each day are using Linux?

Is it because if we forget how to do this advanced programming or tech
thing we can ask Dr Google? (seriously, Google even answers/helps me
with anything from shellcode to advanced postgre joins that seem to
magically work when they should be failing (or impacting performance)

Is it because we are all getting older and the past twenty+ years of
advocacy has blunted/killed/pacified our need to market/promote/be
excited about Linux specifically? (For example it seems some entire
countries are moving/trending towards Apple tech only - is this sad?)