Christian T. Steigies dixit:

>> ??? Accepted linux-2.6 2.6.38-5 (source all i386) Ben Hutchings
>> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2011/05/msg00736.html
>
>Why don't you cross-compile it?

I cross-built the kernels I ran for testing the patches, but that
was an exception – packages that I upload to Debian are *always*
built natively.

>How do I get the older versions from Geert's git? I don't see any other
>branches, I only see tags. What is the magic word to get for example the 2.6.30
>tree?

tg@zigo:~/linux-m68k $ git branch -r
  origin/HEAD -> origin/master
  origin/atari-aranym
  origin/atari-ethernat
  origin/atari-ethernec
  origin/atari-fat
  origin/atari-scc
  origin/for-2.6.33
  origin/for-2.6.34
  origin/for-2.6.35
  origin/for-2.6.36
  origin/for-2.6.37
  origin/for-2.6.38
  origin/for-2.6.39
  origin/for-linus
  origin/for-next
  origin/m68k-queue
  origin/m68k-v2.6.28
  origin/m68k-v2.6.29
  origin/m68k-v2.6.31
  origin/m68k-v2.6.32
  origin/m68k-v2.6.33
  origin/m68k-v2.6.34
  origin/m68k-v2.6.35
  origin/m68k-v2.6.36
  origin/m68k-v2.6.37
  origin/m68k-v2.6.38
  origin/master
  origin/misc
  origin/postponed

>When crosscompiling Geert's tree, shouldn't make ARCH=m68k be sufficient
>(after setting up a propper .config)?

I’ll leave that to the Linux experts.

>It's been so long, is this the correct way to cross-build linux-m68k?

sudo cowbuilder --debbuildopts -am68k --binary-arch --build linux*.dsc
is the correct way in Debian (but will build all 6 images and more; it
takes about half a day, cross).

https://wiki.debian.org/HowToRebuildAnOfficialDebianKernelPackage#Building_only_a_single_kernel_variant
lists another way, where you only “dpkg-source -x linux*.dsc” then
“cd linux-*/” and “fakeroot debian/rules binary-arch_m68k_none_amiga”
I think (but cross parameters might need to be added). This is also
in README.Debian in the source package.

But, like I said above, I’m building packages for the archive and
follow archive rules. Basically, I “am” a buildd now ;-)

bye,
//mirabilos, still mumbling about how setting up sbuild is arcane
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),