Hello Kars,

On 21.01.19 09:45, Kars de Jong wrote:
> Op di 8 jan. 2019 om 09:34 schreef Kars de Jong <jo...@linux-m68k.org>:

>>> Sorry, I don't have any HP9000/300 hardware. I think that Kars does, which
>>> is why I Cc'd him...
>>>

>> Yes, I do still have the hardware, but I haven't booted Linux on it
>> for a long time. I planned on doing it during the holidays, but didn't
>> get around to it. Maybe I can test it this weekend, but don't hold
>> your breath...
>
> I tried to test the patch this weekend. I first started with an
> unpatched kernel. Unfortunately, there are hardware issues:
>
> 1. The battery of the RTC is dead.
> 2. There seems to be a problem which causes autovector interrupt 1 to
> fire spuriously, which is the keyboard and DMA interrupt. At least,
> that's what the OpenBSD kernel reports. It seems to cause the Linux
> kernel to freeze.
> 3. The harddisk (original 200 MB Rodime RO3000T) is failing, so I
> can't fully boot OpenBSD to further verify this problem.

Thanks for the willingness to test, and sorry to hear about that issues!
I hope you get them fixed at some point.
Testing on real hardware is always useful.

> Anyway, I don't think your patch it will work.
>
> When running on m68k, you're passing a NULL device pointer to
> devm_rtc_device_register(), which eventually gets passed to
> devres.c:add_dr() and that is definitely not OK.

I was aware of the NULL pointer, which is why I wanted real
feedback about my patch. Ideally someone with platform knowhow
could add the missing pieces to fix this NULL pointer code.

> I think this calls for a proper platform device on the m68k side.

Yes. Who could add that?

Helge