Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 13.01.2009, 23:41 -0500 schrieb CityK:
> hermann pitton wrote:
> > Hi,

> >> Thanks Hans!
> >>

> > yes, Hans is a very fine guy.
> >

> He is indeed.
>
> > But don't hope for too much for DVB/ATSC related stuff soon.
> >
> > We know about the problems caused by switching antenna inputs from a
> > digital demod, it was a famous hack from Chris on cx88xx and Mike did
> > good work to port it to saa713x, but unfortunately there was some
> > ongoing loss on the other side of the planet then later.
> >
> > I doubt that Hans is already aware of it at this stage,
>
> Consulting on irc, both Eric and myself can confirm that DVB is working
> fine for the device (I can only test cable currently, but Eric
> successfully checked both QAM and 8-VSB).  I'm using recent Hg and Eric
> is using stock FC10 supplied drivers.  So, I'm not sure why Josh was
> having problems.

for me the same and I can't test on these.
The Pinnacle 310i seems to have the LNA support broken, can't test.

> > these days bugs are fixed from guys without even having hardware,
> Four letter word.  Starts with A and ends with Y  :p
>
> > and this is good progress,
> Yes, it was awfully nice of Andy to diagnose and provide a solution.
> Props to him.

Yes!

> >  likely they will add new devices the same way too soon.
> >

> This point, however, is not a very good route to go down --- it opens up
> a huge can of worms (<-- silly English expression which essentially
> means that such action creates problems).

If manufacturers would confirm to the Philips/NXP drivers and what
should be in the eeprom, that would be possible on GNU/Linux too.

> > I seem to be far behind currently, all caused by the HDTV hype ;)
> >

> You mean you haven't upgraded to the latest 92 inch hyper plasma OXD
> display yet!    Crappy broadcast content has never looked so good!

No, trying on HDTV apps and also Nvidia vdpau consumed some time and I
don't have neither a 2.6.28 nor a 2.6.29-rc1 yet.

In that way I might be ranting about myself not at least to have the new
bugs :)

Cheers,
Hermann