On Monday 19 January 2009 08:53:19 Hans Verkuil wrote:
> On Monday 19 January 2009 00:36:35 CityK wrote:
> > Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > >
> > > Shouldn't there be a tda9887 as well? It's what the card config says,
> > > but I'm not sure whether that is correct.

> > > It seems to be OK, although I find it a bit peculiar that the tuner
> > > type is set twice. Or does that have to do with it being a hybrid
> > > tuner, perhaps?
> >
> > The Philips TUV1236D NIM does indeed use a tda9887  (I know, because I
> > was the one who discovered this some four years ago (pats self on
> > head)).  But the module is not loading.  I can make it load, just as
> > Hermann demonstrated to Mike in one of the recent messages for this
> > thread.
>
> I have no idea why the tda9887 isn't loading. It loads fine for my
> empress card. Does someone know if there is something special about this?
> And how do you manage to make analog TV work if the tda9887 isn't found?
> That's rather peculiar.

To clarify: you should see this in the dmesg output if there is a tda9887:

saa7133[0]: i2c eeprom f0: 42 54 56 30 30 30 30 ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff
tuner 1-0043: chip found @ 0x86 (saa7133[0])
tda9887 1-0043: creating new instance
tda9887 1-0043: tda988[5/6/7] found
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All bytes are equal. It is not a TEA5767
tuner 1-0060: chip found @ 0xc0 (saa7133[0])
tuner-simple 1-0060: creating new instance
tuner-simple 1-0060: type set to 38 (Philips PAL/SECAM multi (FM1216ME MK3))
input: BeholdTV as /class/input/input2
ir-kbd-i2c: BeholdTV detected at i2c-1/1-002d/ir0 [saa7133[0]]
saa6752hs 1-0020: chip found @ 0x40 (saa7133[0])
saa7133[0]: registered device video0 [v4l2]
saa7133[0]: registered device vbi0
saa7133[0]: registered device radio0
saa7133[0]: registered device video1 [mpeg]