matthieu castet wrote:
Hi Patrick,

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
Hi,

sorry for not answering ealier, recently I became the master of postponing things. :(

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:

+/* 14 */ { USB_DEVICE(USB_VID_CYPRESS, USB_PID_ULTIMA_TVBOX_USB2_FX_COLD) },
+#endif

It doesn't sound a very good approach the need of recompiling the driver to allow it to work with a broken card. The better would be to have some modprobe option to force it to accept a certain USB ID as a valid ID for the card.

The most correct way would be to reprogram the eeprom, by simply writing to 0xa0 (0x50 << 1) I2C address... There was a thread on the linux-dvb some time ago.

BTW dibusb_i2c_xfer seems to do things very dangerous :
it assumes that it get only write/read request or write request.

That means that read can be understood as write. For example a program doing
file = open("/dev/i2c-x", O_RDWR);
ioctl(file, I2C_SLAVE, 0x50)
 read(file, data, 10)
will corrupt the eeprom as it will be understood as a write.

Now that I think of that, I run sensors-detect on this machine, may be this is what trash the eeprom ?

Matthieu