On Wednesday 10 June 2009 20:17:53 Guennadi Liakhovetski wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jun 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > Please pull from http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/~hverkuil/v4l-dvb-subdev2
> > for the following:
> >
> > - v4l2: add new s_config subdev ops and v4l2_i2c_new_subdev_cfg/board
> > calls - v4l2-device: fix incorrect kernel check
> > - v4l-compat: add I2C_ADDRS macro.
> > - v4l2: update framework documentation.
> > - v4l2-subdev: remove unnecessary check
>
> Do I understand this right, that these patches have not been posted to
> the list?

The idea is that you click on the link and look at the patches through the
hg web frontend.

> At least I haven't found them in online and in my local
> archives. If it's really so, sorry, this doesn't seem very productive to
> me... We have discussed this with Mauro on IRC, he didn't agree with me,
> he thought it was acceptable in many cases... Sorry, cannot agree.

Both methods (a pull request or a patch series) are used and personally I
have no preference, although currently I have a script that simplifies
these pull requests so I generally use that. A patch series makes it easier
to reply with review comments, while I think a pull request reduces
mailinglist traffic and actually makes it easier to do the actual reviews.