Em Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:42:27 +0300
Jani Nikula <jani.nik...@intel.com> escreveu:

> On Mon, 08 Aug 2016, Jani Nikula <jani.nik...@intel.com> wrote:
> > I wonder if it's related to Documentation/media/Makefile... which I have
> > to say I am not impressed by. I was really hoping we could build all the
> > documentation by standalone sphinx-build invocation too, relying only on
> > the conf.py so that e.g. Read the Docs can build the docs. Part of that
> > motivation was to keep the build clean in makefiles, and handing the
> > dependency tracking completely to Sphinx.
> >
> > I believe what's in Documentation/media/Makefile,
> > Documentation/sphinx/parse-headers.pl, and
> > Documentation/sphinx/kernel_include.py could be replaced by a Sphinx
> > extension looking at the sources directly. (I presume kernel_include.py
> > is mostly a workaround to keep out-of-tree builds working?)
>
> Additionally, 'make pdfdocs' fails with e.g.
>
> /path/to/linux/Documentation/media/uapi/cec/cec-header.rst:9: SEVERE:
> Problems with "kernel-include" directive path:
> InputError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/path/to/linux/Documentation/output/cec.h.rst'.
> /path/to/linux/Documentation/media/uapi/dvb/audio_h.rst:9: SEVERE: Problems
> with "kernel-include" directive path:
> InputError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/path/to/linux/Documentation/output/audio.h.rst'.
> /path/to/linux/Documentation/media/uapi/dvb/ca_h.rst:9: SEVERE: Problems with
> "kernel-include" directive path:
> InputError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/path/to/linux/Documentation/output/ca.h.rst'.
> /path/to/linux/Documentation/media/uapi/dvb/dmx_h.rst:9: SEVERE: Problems
> with "kernel-include" directive path:
> InputError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/path/to/linux/Documentation/output/dmx.h.rst'.
>
> because the makefile hack is only done on htmldocs target.

Hit send too early... this is what happens here if I run make with the
documents already built:

$ make  htmldocs
make BUILDDIR=Documentation/output -f ./Documentation/media/Makefile htmldocs
make[2]: Nothing to be done for 'htmldocs'.
  SPHINX  htmldocs
Running Sphinx v1.4.5
building [mo]: targets for 0 po files that are out of date
building [html]: targets for 0 source files that are out of date
updating environment: 0 added, 0 changed, 0 removed
looking for now-outdated files... none found
no targets are out of date.
build succeeded.

(docbook build messages suppressed

Cheers,