On 11/25/16, Sean Young <s...@mess.org> wrote:

> So if I understand you correctly, if you change the keymap, like you
> changed 0xfe47 to KEY_PAUSE, then "ir-keytable -s rc1 -t" show you the
> correct (new) key? So as far as ir-keytable is concerned, everything
> works?
>
> However when you try to use the new mapping in some application then
> it does not work?

That's correct. ir-keytable seems to be doing the right thing, mapping
the scancode to the input-event-codes.h key code I asked it to.

The application I am trying to use it with is the mythtv frontend.  I
am doing the keycode munging from an SSH session while myth is still
running on the main screen. I didn't think this would matter (since it
worked for KEY_OK->KEY_ENTER) but perhaps it does. Obviously
ir-keytable -t intercepts the scancodes when it is running, but when I
kill it myth responds normally to some keys, but not all.

I wanted to mention that the IR protocol is still showing as unknown.
Is there anything that can be done to sort that out?

Vince