Hi Mauro,

on 26 Nov 09 at 14:25, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Christoph Bartelmus wrote:
[...]
>> But I'm still a bit hesitant about the in-kernel decoding. Maybe it's just
>> because I'm not familiar at all with input layer toolset.
[...]
> I hope it helps for you to better understand how this works.

So the plan is to have two ways of using IR in the future which are
incompatible to each other, the feature-set of one being a subset of the
other?

When designing the key mapping in the kernel you should be aware that
there are remotes out there that send a sequence of scan codes for some
buttons, e.g.
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/pioneer/CU-VSX159

Christoph