Markus Rechberger wrote:
On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 5:21 PM, Michael Krufky <mkru...@linuxtv.org> wrote:
Markus Rechberger wrote:
Hi,

A little bit more "ontopic", did anyone get around to read the
signallevel of the tda18721?
I wonder the register does not return any signallevel as indicated in
the specifications.

Markus
There is a "power level" value that can be read from the tda18271 -- I had a
patch that enabled reading of this value, for testing purposes, but it
wasn't as useful as I had hoped, so I never bothered to merge it.

If you'd like to play with it, I pushed up some code last year:

http://kernellabs.com/hg/~mkrufky/tda18271-pl/rev/4373874cff29

Let me know how this works for you, or if you choose to change it.  I If you
find it valuable, we can merge it in somehow.

hmm.. I somewhat tried the same but the register kept flipping back
and the powerlevel register returned 0.

Markus

...I think it only works on the c2 rev silicon. Not sure about that, though.

-Mike