On Tuesday, September 21, 2010 19:14:07 Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> Em Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:50:13 +0200
> "Hans Verkuil" <hverk...@xs4all.nl> escreveu:
>
> > Hi Mauro,
> >
> > > Em 20-09-2010 18:37, Hans Verkuil escreveu:
> > >   /*
> > >    * Need to sleep in order to wait for videobufs to complete.
> > >    * It is not a good idea to sleep while waiting for an event with the
> > > dev
> > > lock hold,
> > >    * as it will block any other access to the device. Just unlock it while
> > > waiting,
> > >    * locking it again at the end.
> > >    */
> > >
> > >   is_vdev_locked = (q->vdev_lock && mutex_is_locked(q->vdev_lock)) ? true
> > > : false;
> > >   if (is_vdev_locked)
> > >           mutex_unlock(q->vdev_lock);
> > >   if (intr)
> > >           return wait_event_interruptible(vb->done,
> > > is_state_active_or_queued(vb,
> > > q));
> >
> > This obviously needs to save the return value and continue to make sure
> > the lock is taken again.
>
> Yeah, it should be:
>  rc = wait_event_interruptible(vb->done, is_state_active_or_queued(vb, q));
>
> and return rc at the end.
>
> > >   else
> > >           wait_event(vb->done, is_state_active_or_queued(vb, q));
> > >   if (is_vdev_locked)
> > >           mutex_lock(q->vdev_lock);
> > >
> > >   return 0;
> > > }
> >
> > Agreed. Thanks for reviewing this, it was the one patch that I knew I had
> > to look into more closely. I'll incorporate your changes.
>
> Ok, thanks.

I added a patch with basically this code to my test tree. I will try to convert
and test a few more drivers, but that will probably be Friday. If the conversion
goes well then I plan to post a pull request by Friday or Saturday with somewhat
cleaned up patches.

I strongly suspect that for the 2-3 weeks after that I will not be able to
continue with this, so I hope others will take over from me.