On 06/18/2011 03:44 PM, Thomas Holzeisen wrote:
I already resolved the symbol thing. Your lsusb explains a lot, you have a
RTl2832, while I have
the RTL2831 which seem to be Revision 4 of the RTL2830.

However, there seem to be big similarities between all those chips. It might be
not that hard for
the contributors of this driver to add support for the early chips as well.
Maybe Jan can shade
some light on it, since he wrote the initial RTL2831 driver. In any case I may
help with testing it.

I think there is no such revision 4 RTL2830 which is RTL2831. I think you misunderstand. There is DVB-T demods RTL2830 and RTL2832. Then there is USB-bridge let's call it RTL28xxU. When you put USB-bridge and demod together you get chips called RTL2831U (USB-bridge + RTL2830 demod) and RTL2832U (USB-bridge + RTL2832 demod).

Also many other Realtek demods exits which uses same USB-bridge.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/