On 12/17/2012 01:17 PM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
On 12/17/2012 06:08 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 12/17/2012 11:33 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 12/17/2012 03:37 AM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
On 12/16/2012 08:26 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 12/17/2012 03:09 AM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
On 12/15/2012 06:21 PM, Frank Schäfer wrote:
Matthew, could you please validate your test results and try Mauros
patches ? If it doesn't work, please create another USB-log.

Sorry it took me so long to test the patch, but the results look
promising, I actually got various keycodes!

dmesg: http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/dec16/dmesg_remote.txt

evtest was also generating output

Event: time 1355705906.950551, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN),
value
61d618e7
Event: time 1355705906.950551, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------

This is the current patch I'm using:
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/dec16/dmesg_remote.txt

What needs to be done to generate a keymap file?

Is there anything I can collect or try to do, to get channel scanning
working?

Just let me know what you need me to do. I really appreciate all the
help!

You don't need to do nothing as that remote is already there. Just
ensure buttons are same and we are happy.
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/media/IR/keymaps/rc-msi-digivox-iii.c?v=2.6.37

RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III should be added to your device profile in order
to load correct keytable by default. You could test it easily, just
add
following definition

.ir_codes = RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III,

to em28xx-cards.c board config and it is all.

regards
Antti

Maybe I'm missing something but these are different key codes and
lengths.

tux:~ $ echo 0x61d643bc | wc -c  # my dmesg dump
11
tux:~ $ echo 0x61d601 | wc -c  # DIGIVOX mini III
9

0x61d643bc == 0x61d643
0x61d601fe == 0x61d601

Those are same codes, other (debug) is just 32bit full format. Last byte
in that case is dropped out as it is used for parity check - formula: DD
== ~DD

As I understand it, this was the whole reason for the patches that
Mauros wrote.

Nope, the reason was it didn't support 32bit at all.

I looked the patch and it seems like it should store and print 24bit
scancode for your remote. Maybe you didn't set default remote end it
fall back to unknown remote protocol which stores all bytes. Or some
other bug. Test it with default keytable (RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III) and if
it does not output numbers there must be a bug. I am too lazy to test it
currently.

regards
Antti

I am using the RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III mapping

+ .ir_codes     = RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III,
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/dec16/msi_digivox_atsc.patch

I tested Mauros patch with nanoStick T2 290e, using 24bit NEC remote - worked fine. Your patch is hard to read as it contains that remote patch too. But what I looked one difference which look suspicious - it is that:
.xclk = EM28XX_XCLK_FREQUENCY_12MHZ,

could you remove and test?

If it is really that one, then there is a bug in Mauros patches and it breaks all devices having NEC remote mapped currently.

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/