Hi Sylwester,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Sylwester Nawrocki
<sylvester.nawro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Arun,
>

> On 09/17/2013 01:29 PM, Arun Kumar K wrote:
>>
>> Wont this make fimc-is to be enabled to use fimc-lite?
>

> Hmm, it would be runtime PM active, yes. But it doesn't mean the
> Cortex-A5's firmware would need to be running.
>

>> As such there is no dependency like that in hardware and we can
>> use fimc-lite alone in DMA out mode without fimc-is.
>

> If you are sure about it, then fimc-lite nodes could stay at root level.
> Still, it would be more appropriate IMO to have the FIMC-IS sub-/peripheral
> devices, like I2C or SPI bus controllers, instantiated by the FIMC-IS
> driver.

Yes I2C and SPI bus controllers are part of FIMC-IS and it can be
instantiated within the FIMC-IS driver.

> And what about "glue logic" linking FIMC-LITEs with the rest of the
> imaging subsystem ? Are you sure the is no some weird inter-dependencies ?
> Note that there is no board files any more, where we could hack some
> details.

There is no dependency like that which I am aware of and we have tested
here mipi & fimc-lite without fimc-is and it worked well.

>> If its modified as per your suggestion, how will the scenario of
>> sensor ->  mipi-csis ->  fimc-lite ->  memory look like without fimc-is?
>

> The exynos5-fimc-is module would need to be loaded for that. If you're
> sure the hardware can work independently, we could leave out the fimc-lite
> nodes at root level.

Yes sensor-> mipi -> fimc-lite -> memory without fimc-is is very well possible
in Exynos5 and its tested.

So I will make the remaining changes you suggested and send new patchset.

Regards
Arun