On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, Ralph Alvy wrote:

> Here's what I get after unpacking and running the 1.1.99.1 binary:
>
> ---
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] dosemu]$ ./xdosemu
> ./xdosemu: line 1: readlink: command not found
> ./xdosemu: line 285: cd: /../Xfonts: No such file or directory
>
>    You do not have the DOSEMU vga font installed and are running
>    remote X. You need to install the vga font on your _local_ Xserver.
>    Look at the readme for details. For now we start with an fixed font,
>    which does not display all national characters correctly.
>    ... be warned
>
> ./xdosemu: line 375: /../bin/dosemu.bin: No such file or directory
> ./xdosemu: line 375: exec: /../bin/dosemu.bin: cannot execute: No such file
> or directory
>
> ---
>
> But there is definitely a ../bin/dosemu.bin there.

Looks like the readlink utility isn't as standard as I assumed it to be --
newer distributions have it in coreutils (standard), Debain has had it for
a long time ind debianutils, but other distributions would only have it as
part of teTeX.

What distribution are you using?

try to replace the line
BOOT_DIR_PATH=`readlink $HOME/.dosemu/drives/c`/..
in the shell script named "dosemu" with the line
BOOT_DIR_PATH=`dirname $0`

I'll think about a better workaround.

Bart