On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:

> Bart Oldeman wrote:
>
> > that's what the "dosemu" script does (optionally) -- it sets up
> > a bunch of symbolic links and a private copy of config.sys/
> > autoexec.bat.
>
> So you set some kind of option on running the script? [at this
> point I thought of trying man dosemu]. I tried xdosemu -install
> ~/mytestdos but that does not work. Got some kind of help screen
> which did not mention the -install option talked about by man dosemu.

What did the "some kind of help screen" say exactly?

The -install option works differently for the dosemu script that is part
of the binary tarball than for the one in the RPM or created by make install.

The binary-tarball-dosemu works on the assumption that dosemu.bin lives
~/.dosemu/drives/c/../bin -- that's why its "install" isn't as flexible
and it doesn't need to ask questions.

The RPM/"make install" dosemu has the position of dosemu.bin hardcoded in
the script (e.g. /usr/bin/dosemu.bin or /usr/local/bin/dosemu.bin).

Bart