On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, norseman wrote:
> Bart Oldeman wrote:

> > what do you mean here? $_emusys in dosemu.conf?
>
> no;   .emu extensions to autoexec and config so one doesn't have
> to continually copy dummies to .bat .sys if booting live and
> another set of dummies if booting emulator.
> used to be autoexec.bat
>            autoexec.emu
>            config.sys
>            config.emu
> all resided in msdos live boot partition. live boot used normal and
> emulator boot used .emu setups.  used to be.

right that's what's $_emusys does: use $_emusys="emu" and dosemu will use
config.emu instead of config.sys. Put
 SHELL=COMMAND.COM /P /K AUTOEMU.BAT
in config.emu to execute something else than autoexec.bat.

> Then I booted Linux, started 1.0.2.? and - on same hardware, same disk,
> using same program and same data set ran it again.  right at 20 minutes.

sure, Linux is good at disk caching ...

> > you'll have to elaborate on that. These two are active by default if you
> > use DOS=UMB,HIGH which is in the default config.sys.
>
> nope - not in the 1.1.99.1 pre-compiled. everything loads "low".

not a dosemu problem I think. May have to do with config.emu stuff above;
just put that DOS=HIGH,UMB in your config.sys and you'll get your UMBs and
HMA.

Bart