Linux-Networking Digest #864, Volume #11         Sun, 11 Jul 99 18:14:10 EDT

Contents:
  Re: Ethernet to Token-Ring Bridge ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Shutdown does not broadcast (Afshin Poraria)
  LINUX NEWSGROUPS FAQ  official site (Monte Phillips)
  my version of the Linux FAQ (Glitch)
  How to remove this annoyi (Jasen Betts)
  IP fragments sent in reverse order? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  ProFTPD ("Daniel Verlouw")
  This conference (Jasen Betts)
  wu-ftpd u/d ratio ("Jeroen de Vries")
  Re: windows 98  can't see Linux machine using Samba (Dale Walker)
  Re: Pb with USR/3Com 56K Prof. Message Modem and RH 6.0 (David)
  Help! Cannot print from RH6 to Win98 printer (Brian Hall)
  Re: SOCK_PACKET (Andi Kleen)
  6.02B adding /c - causes (Jasen Betts)
  Parsing of 'random' m (Jasen Betts)
  "which" utility (Jasen Betts)
  HELP ME (peter karlsson)
  Re: Help! Cannot print from RH6 to Win98 printer ("Peter Noé")
  Re: /etc/passwd or what else? (Warren Young)
  Re: ppp-go for root only? (traxxas)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Ethernet to Token-Ring Bridge
Date: 6 Jul 99 07:29:20 GMT

On Fri, 02 Jul 1999 21:34:02 GMT, Bill Pitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>[EMAIL PROTECTED] gave us the interesting posting of:
>> Is there anyone in the Linux Community that has
>> successfully setup a Ethernet to Token-Ring
>> Bridge?  If so could you please steer me in the
>> right direction.
>
>That would work the same as any other bridge.  Check the Bridge and
>Bridge+Firewall HOWTOs at the Linux Documentation Project...
>There are also some other resources available at www.linux.org

There are LOTS of things different about Ethernet and Token Ring - it is
not just the physical and electrical side of life. If you really need to
bridge those two together then look at Cisco and the translational
bridging that you can do - even then it is of only limited use.

Do what the other guy says and use a router to communciate - lots easier.

Ethernet has lots of fram formats :

Ethernet II
802.3 (using 802.2 encaps)
SNAP
Novell IPX RAW or 802.3 RAW

Packet size is th next fun bit - Ethernet around 1599 bytes, Token ring has
much larger depending on ring speed !

Then you also have the problem of the MAC address being arse about face (back
to front for non aussies).

You can do it ......

>Basically, you need an ethernet board and a token ring board.  Run
>the bridging configuration tool, or just setup the two networks on
>different machines.  Either way would work.
>
>Linux views the network devices all the same when it's routing/forwarding/
>bridging so you could bridge lots of things... (ethernet, ppp, hdlc,
>token ring, etc..)
>
>-Bill
>--
>Bill Pitz                                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Silicon Valley North, Inc.                                www.svn.net
>Internet and World Wide Web Services                   (707) 781-9999

==============

------------------------------

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.misc
From: Afshin Poraria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Shutdown does not broadcast
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 19:15:37 GMT

I am working on system which include Solaris and Linux (RH 5.2 & 6).
The Linux boxes are mainly used for file servers.  I noticed that when
shutdown is initiated the two OS do not broadcast warning messages to
each other.
Is there anyone who can help me to rectify this problem?

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Monte Phillips)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.networking,alt.os.linux,comp.protocols.smb,linux.redhat.misc,linux.redhat.ppp
Subject: LINUX NEWSGROUPS FAQ  official site
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 19:46:18 GMT

You will find the Linux FAQ and a list of all HOWTO's at the following
site:
ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/faqs/linux/

This is the official site for newsgroup FAQ's
Please post this in any appropriate newsgroup in which is has not
appeared.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:25:55 -0400
From: Glitch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.help
Subject: my version of the Linux FAQ

'root' is the login u use when u want to administer your system and also
for logging into your system for the first time after an install

the password u enter is the one u typed in after the installation
prompted u to enter one for root

usb- is in beta phase now

dvd- 'works' but only as normal cdrom, there arent any programs as of
now that let u play dvd movies

winmodems- dont work at all, get another modem

lilo-to get rid of it u type in 'fdisk /mbr' after booting into Dos with
a boot disk

boot image too big after compiling- read the kernel howto on your system
for compiling a new kernel

telnet login as root- wont work for security reasons, login as a normal
user then 'su' to root

mounting filesystems- do a 'man mount' and read what it says, that
*should* be enough

running a program u made- just typing in its name like in Dos wont work,
do a './myprog' will work

to the experts: have i missed any? please respond to me personally if i
have.
this is something i thought i should make, when i think of it i will
continue to post it.

Brandon

--

"Bill Gates?, I dont know any Bill Gates.  Oh, you mean 'by putting
every conceivable

                  http://web.mountain.net/~brandon/main.htm
     For Beginners in Linux, Emulation, Midis, Playstation Info, and
Virii.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jasen Betts)
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.m68k,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.os.linux.powerpc,comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.x,comp.os.lynx,comp.os.mach,comp.os.magic-cap,comp.os.minix,comp.os.misc,comp.os.msdos,comp.os.msdos.4dos,comp.os.msdos.app
Subject: How to remove this annoyi
Date: 10 Jul 99 16:33:00 GMT

AA> 4DOS 6,02B   (Win98) DOS 7,10
AA> Copyright 1988-1999  Rex Conn & JP Software Inc.  All Rights Reserved
AA> S/N . Licensed to
AA> For use on up to 10 computers
AA> May not be distributed to others

add a drawbox to your autoexec that blanks it out, and use screen to move the
cursor.

 drawbox %@eval[%_row-4] 0 %_row 79 0 0 on 0 fil 0
 screen  %@eval[%_row-4] 0
                      ^

4 may be the wrong number, experiment as needed.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: IP fragments sent in reverse order?
Date: 11 Jul 1999 17:21:04 GMT

Hello there,
I had some problems with my NFS not working sometimes. I found out that
in some situations my packet filtering firewall (set up with ipchains)
in kernel 2.2.9 blocked outgoing NFS requests of my client.
After about a month of pondering I think I found out why this happend.

A tcpdump of my NFS requests shows following:
18:36:31.804663 gateway.peanuts.org > wds.peanuts.org:
                (frag 52607:1244@2960) (ttl 64)
18:36:31.804809 gateway.peanuts.org > wds.peanuts.org:
                (frag 52607:1480@1480+) (ttl 64)
18:36:31.804932 gateway.peanuts.org.nfs > wds.peanuts.org.822116745: reply
                ok 1472 read REG 100660 ids 1000/8 sz 6502
                (frag 52607:1480@0+) (ttl 64)

This shows my server sending a fragmented UDP packet with the last
fragment coming first. I observed this behavior on my client too.
So what I suspect is, that the last fragments coming first (without source
and destination port) are discarded by the packet filter while the first
fragment (sent as the last) will pass but will be incomplete.

I can somehow not believe that IP fragments generally are sent in reverse
order. Can someone point out what's going wrong here?
I would accept that I have to change my packet filter in that way that
it would accept fragmented packets, if necessary - but would this help
if they come in reverse order?

Confused,

--
Daniel Dorau                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<< If a train stops at a trainstation, what happens at a workstation? >>

------------------------------

From: "Daniel Verlouw" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: ProFTPD
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:00:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with ProFTPd 1.2.0pre1-2 (Debian 2.1, kernel
2.2.10). I can't read or write from/to any directory besides /tmp. I can
switch to other directories and ask for a directory listing (ls). Changing
the user and group under which proftpd normally runs, to root/root, doesn't
help either. Am I missing something basic here or what?

Here's my /etc/proftpd.conf:

ServerName                      "ProFTPD"
ServerType                      standalone
DeferWelcome                    on
ShowSymLinks                    on
DefaultServer                   on
Port                            21
Umask                           022

# To prevent DoS attacks, set the maximum number of child processes
# to 30.  If you need to allow more than 30 concurrent connections
# at once, simply increase this value.  Note that this ONLY works
# in standalone mode, in inetd mode you should use an inetd server
# that allows you to limit maximum number of processes per service
# (such as xinetd)
MaxInstances                    20

# Set the user and group that the server normally runs at.
User                            nobody
Group                           nogroup

# Normally, we want files to be overwriteable.
<Directory /*>
  AllowOverwrite                on
</Directory>

Thanks in advance,
   Daniel.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jasen Betts)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: This conference
Date: 10 Jul 99 15:28:00 GMT

TT> Agreed -- and none of this thread has anything to do with 4dos.
TT> Knowing this I'm just adding .fidonet.org to the filters here
TT> and the "Delink'ing" is done.
TT> --
TT> This address is for outgoing posts only. Please do not reply to this
TT> address via email as it will never be seen. If you have something to
TT> share please post it here for everyone to see.

you kill-filter me? what did I do?

------------------------------

From: "Jeroen de Vries" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: wu-ftpd u/d ratio
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:37:58 +0200

Hi, is it possibe to configure wu-ftpd so that I can give users
upload/download ratios so they have to upload first a file before they can
donwload something?

With regards,

Jeroen de Vries
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Member of the FormulaForce Team

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dale Walker)
Subject: Re: windows 98  can't see Linux machine using Samba
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 19:58:32 GMT

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999 16:47:19 +0200, "Marco Vranken"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>At the moment, I'am also experimenting with win98-linux.
>At the moment I still can't ping between win 98 and linux , so I'am not as
>far as you yet, but
>I've found something that might solve your problem:
>
>***********
>Windows98 and Samba
>Symptom:
>Samba doesn't work with Windows98
>Cause:
>Windows98 uses only encoded passwords.
>Solution:
>Use regedit to enter the following new values into the registry :
>Enter a new DWORD "EnablePlainTextPassword" at
>[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP] and set
>this value to 1.
>
>(you can find this on http://www.suse.de/sdb/en/html/ray_win98_smb.html)
>
>Let me know when this works.
>Good luck!

Sorry, it's already set like that.

This is how the whole of VNETSUP looks...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP]
"ComputerName"            = "kitty"
"Workgroup"               = "homenet"
"Comment"                 = "PC"
"StaticVxD"               = "vnetsup.vxd"
"Start"                   = hex:00
"NetClean"                = hex:01
"MaintainServerList"      = "2"
"LMAnnounce"="0"
"EnablePlainTextPassword" = hex:01,00,00,00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP\Ndi\params\MaintainServerList]
"default"                 = "2"
"ParamDesc"               = "Browse Master"
"type"                    = "enum"
@                         = "2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP\Ndi\params\MaintainServerList\enum]
"2"                       = "Automatic"
"1"                       = "Enabled"
"0"                       = "Disabled"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP\Ndi\params\LMAnnounce]
"default"                 = "0"
"ParamDesc"               = "LM Announce"
"type"                    = "enum"
@="0"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\VxD\VNETSUP\Ndi\params\LMAnnounce\enum]
"1"                       = "Yes"
"0"                       = "No"

| Dale Walker                       London Techno Events         |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]            |
| London, UK                        http://www.sorted.org/london |

From: David <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Pb with USR/3Com 56K Prof. Message Modem and RH 6.0
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 15:52:28 -0500

Bastien Moinet wrote:

> Hi.
> I just bought a external 56K modem (USR/3Com 56K Prof. Message modem)
> and i also justed updated my RH 5.2 in 6.0. I used to a 28.8K Olitec
> which works very well with Linux. Now, i can't connect anymore with my
> new modem. I asked the vendor who said it was NOT a winmodem. The modem
> composes the number of my ISP correctly, then send "Expect ogin:" then
> doesn't go further. Why ?! I tried with netcg, ezppp, kppp, etc., it's
> always the same...
> Anyone has an idea ?
> Thanks to answer to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> bastien, paris.

when mine gets to ogin my ISP  sends  thiername login   not just ogin  or
ord  but Password instead.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Brian Hall)
Crossposted-To: linux.samba,comp.protocols.smb
Subject: Help! Cannot print from RH6 to Win98 printer
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 20:48:38 GMT

I have been trying to figure out why I can't print via Samba for several
weeks now, ever since I "upgraded" the Windows print server to Win98. I have
scanned Deja News, and all the Samba pages I could find, to no avail. I have
fixed part of the problem (can now browse my Linux PC from the Win98 box),
but I cannot seem to print.

Symptoms are: Linux side appears to print fine using lpr (no errors anywhere,
in logfiles or stderr), but nothing comes out of the Win98 printer. The ONLY
way I have able to get anything out of the printer is:

    smbclient //daisy/HP -P -c "print textfile.txt"

which doesn't work terribly well, since this appears to bypass print
filtering- IOW, some textfiles print out OK, some are stairstepped and some
are one line. Postscript fails completely of course.

Before, using RedHat 5.2, Windown 95B, and a 10base2 network, I was able to
print fine, after configuring Linux via printtool to print to the Windows
printer over the network. I have since upgraded to RH6, Win98, and a 100MB
LAN with a small hub. I cannot get the test print to work in printtool with
the current configuration. File sharing works fine, both ways, between the
Linux and Win98 PCs.

I have gone through the Samba DIANOSIS.txt procedure and found no problems.
The permissions on /var/spool/samba and /var/spool/lpd/lp are world
writable (1777). I have filled in the /etc/lmhosts file with the
corresponding IP addresses and names.

My goal is to be able to print to "lp" using lpr (or whatever), like before.

Current configuration:

Linux PC name: syrinx
Win98 PC name: daisy

There is an account on syrinx for user named "daisy".

HP 870C connected to daisy, sharing enabled. HP is visible from syrinx via
an smbclient command. File/Print sharing enabled on Win98. I can print from
other Win98 PCs on the same network to the HP, so it appears to be
configured correctly on the Win98 side.

Samba 2.0.4b

relevant parts of /etc/smb.conf:

[global]
security=share
printing=bsd
printcap name=/etc/printcap
print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -h -P%p %s ; rm %s
lpq command =/usr/bin/lpq -P%p
lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
load printers=yes
socket options=TCP_NODELAY
message command=/usr/local/bin/LinPopUp "%f" "%m" %s; rm %s
lock directory=/usr/local/samba/var/locks
case sensitive=no
log file=/var/log/samba/log.%m
log level=3
hosts allow=192.168.5. 127.
keep alive=60
guest account=daisy
server string=Samba Server
dns proxy=no
null passwords=yes
client code page=437
domain master=yes
domain logons=yes
encrypt passwords=no
smb passwd file=/usr/local/samba/private/smbpasswd
preserve case=yes
workgroup=WORKGROUP
max log size=50
wins support=yes
share modes=yes
write raw=yes
short preserve case=no
lm announce=yes
interfaces=192.168.5.1/255.255.255.0
read prediction=yes
[printers]
printable=yes
comment = All Printers
path=/var/spool/samba
guest ok = Yes
print ok = Yes
browseable = No
public=yes
create mask=0700

/etc/printcap:
##PRINTTOOL3## SMB cdj550 300x300 letter {} DeskJet550 32 1
lp:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :af=/var/spool/lpd/lp/acct:\
        :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

While searching through DejaNews, there were quite a few questions about
printing with RedHat 6 to a Win98 printer, and few (if any) solutions. Is
this combination a known problem, or is my configuration just wrong?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Please send a copy of any response by
email. Thanks!

------------------------------

From: Andi Kleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.development.system,comp.os.linux.development.apps
Subject: Re: SOCK_PACKET
Date: 11 Jul 1999 21:46:20 +0200

Bayee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi all,
>
>     I am currently doing a project that need to convert tcp frame into
> some propiatry network
> and vice versa, like this,
>
>          Other Host <---- TCP/IP -----> (eth0)  Linux Gateway
> (ppp0/eth1) <----- >Propairty Network
>
>    Can I bind SOCK_PACKET  to eth0 to read/write IP packet ?

Yes, although a SOCK_RAW socket would work in linux[1] too (and would be easier
for you because it is a bit higher level). Get man-pages-1.24 and read
raw(7) and packet(7)

-Andi

[1] Not on most BSD derived stacks.

--
This is like TV. I don't like TV.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jasen Betts)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: 6.02B adding /c - causes
Date: 09 Jul 99 16:58:00 GMT

PK>  LE> BTW, how on earth *are* you changing the switch argument? I can't
PK> find any 4dos command to do it.
PK>
PK> There aren't. When I fiddled around with it, I wrote a smal assembler
PK> program

There used to be a config.sys option - "switches -" or something like that.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jasen Betts)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: Parsing of 'random' m
Date: 10 Jul 99 15:19:00 GMT

AH> I think this is a bug after more experimentation.  Even though nested
AH> variable expansion has been disabled using setdos /x-2, the two
AH> compatibility variables %+ and %= are still being expanded, to & and ^
AH> respectively in my case.

personally I don't trust that setdos stuff, and try to avoid it.

AH> > Firstly if the line just contains spaces or tabs, my output file
AH> > contains:
AH> >
AH> > ECHO is OFF

This is a documented feature. Replace the "echo" command eith "echo."
which works just like echo but it doesn't complain about blank lines.

AH> > M;F9O(&9O<B!S86QE<RP@8VQI8VME9"!O;B!-3U)%+"!A;F0@,R!T:&EN9W,@

you'll never write a uudecoder in 4dos...you will have more success trying to
do a XXdecoder.
you could try parsing the file one character at a time. (use redirection and
inkey) or open the file in binary mode.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Jasen Betts)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: "which" utility
Date: 10 Jul 99 14:46:00 GMT

MM> Does anyone have a "which" utility (from Unix) that also deals with
MM> .btm files and aliases?  I had one a long time ago, but can't find it
MM> anywhere.

: WHICH.BTM -- report what "command" will *really* do
@echo off
setlocal

:       See if a command to check was supplied.

iff %# == 0 then ^ echo Syntax: where command ^ quit
 else

:  Separate the name and the extension (if any)

 set targ=%@upper[%@name[%1]]
 set ex=%@upper[%@ext[%1]]
endiff

:       Skip some stuff if no extension

if "%ex" == "" goto noext

:       See if the extension is one of the usual executables

if %ex == COM .or. %ex == EXE .or. %ex == BTM .or. %ex == BAT goto catext

:       There is an extension, but it's not a normal executable.  See if there's
:       such an extension in the environment -- i.e., a user-defined executable
:       extension.

:extend
set ey=.%ex
iff "%[%ey]" ne "" then

:       It's a defined executable extension.  Tell the user.

   echo Executable extension: %@upper[%targ]=%@upper[%[%ey]]

:       Now find out whether the program which is supposed to be run
:       against the executable extension file is there!

     %0 %[%ey]
else
   echo Executable extension .%ex definition not found
endiff
 goto cleanup

:       Above was for executable extensions.  What follows is the branch
:       label for normal executables (.BTM, .BAT, .COM, and .EXE)

:catext

:       Put the file name back together with its extension.

set targ=%targ.%ex
:noext

:       Check for alias or internal first, because they would be found first.

iff isalias %targ then
  echos Alias:` `
  alias %targ
  goto cleanup
 elseiff isinternal %targ then
  echo %@upper[%1] is an internal command
  goto cleanup
endiff

:       It wasn't an alias or an internal, look down the PATH

set targ=%@upper[%@search[%targ]]
set ex=%@ext[%targ]

iff "%targ" ne "" then
if %ex ne COM .and. %ex ne EXE .and. %ex ne BTM .and. %ex ne BAT goto extend
  iff "%@ext[%targ]" == "bat" .or. "%@ext[%targ]" == "btm" then
    echo Batch File: %targ
  else
    echo Program: %targ
  endiff
else
 echo %@upper[%1] is an unknown command!
 beep
endiff
goto cleanup

:cleanup
endlocal

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (peter karlsson)
Crossposted-To:
Subject: HELP ME
Date: 11 Jul 99 05:42:20 GMT

 "DI> Hi people of the web,

Hi there, troll!

Oh, and this is not the web. This is, depending on which side you're on, Usenet or
Fidonet.

 "DI> I am a post card collector,

Do you want me to send you a postcard of my computer running 4OS/2?

 "DI> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Oh, well, I could always scan it in... :-)

\\//
Peter

------------------------------

From: "Peter Noé" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.samba,comp.protocols.smb
Subject: Re: Help! Cannot print from RH6 to Win98 printer
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 22:58:49 +0200

I use printtool to print to a windows 98 machine and it works fine

Peter
Brian Hall heeft geschreven in bericht <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...

------------------------------

From: Warren Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: /etc/passwd or what else?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 14:50:00 -0600

Eric Sandvik wrote:

> file using pwconv.  This will place an X in the field where the password hash
> was in /etc/passwd and place those hashes into /etc/shadow wich is readable
> only by root and its processes (eg. login).   Otherwise users can just copy
> the hashes run the crack and have your whole list of logins and passwords.

...Furthermore, you can ask Red Hat 6.0 to use MD5 hashing, which is
much more secure than traditional Unix crypt-style hashing.

crypt(3) uses the 56-bit DES algorithm perturbed by 12 bits of "salt"
for a total keyspace of 68 bits.  I may be spewing about the additional
12 bits being significant, though.  What I _do_ know is that MD5 hashing
results in 128 bits, making for a problem 2^60 to 2^72 times harder than
cracking DES keys (the difference being my uncertainty of the number of
significant bits in the old keys), all else being equal, which it is
not, butnevermindthat.  B->

Practicality begins to intervene here.  The EFF cracked a 56-bit key
in a few days' work with a special-purpose $250,000 computer; but, even
a small number of time doublings (say 6) moves that feat out of the
realm of
practicality, given a good password rotation scheme.  (6 doublings of 3
days is about half a year!)  Even if MD5 is only
2^60 times harder to crack, it'd take Moore's law about 90 years to
allow a rematch with the son-of-EFF machine.

(By the way, said DES cracking machine is about to celebrate its public
birthday in a few days: it's nearly one year old.)
--
= Warren Young
= See the *ix pages: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/ix/

From: traxxas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: ppp-go for root only?
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 13:35:16 -0700

Since your using Slack use sudo.  Slack comes with sudo.  Just run sudo
ppp-go.  Thats what i do, its easy and keeps secuirty.  Just edit your
sudoers file in /etc and your ready to go

TraXX