On Wed, 17 May 2000,  Jerry Chimutanda wrote about,  Intel 810 Chipset driver for
Linux:
> Hi pple,
>
> I'm desperate to fire my  Linux on a Compaq deskpro which has the following
> configuration:
>
> Intel 810 Graphics Adapter
> Compaq V45 Color monitor.
>
> I have Red Hat 6.1 and I want to run X windows but my xf86config fails cause
> I don't have the drivers for the above.

I took a look at the X11 Cards file, the 810 is not mentioned there,
however its predisessor is the i740.
Have you tryed that driver.?
As to the monitor i would imagen defining a low resolution first like
600x800 should be ok.

> I notice they are available on the compaq website but my internte
> connection is pretty slow here in Africa - I could take weeks to download
> those 3MB.
> Is anyone out there willing to download those rpms for me and mail them to
> me?

I would try the above first.
I took a look at the site but cant find any linux drivers you talked about,
that site wants to know what type of machine it is first.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]