Try loading the ne module directly, not through conf.modules (I forget which
RH rc script does this, but look around). One way to test this approach:
comment out all the stuff you have, reboot, and from the command line, try
this line:

modprobe ne.o io=0x380,0x320

See if that works better.

If not ... don't count on /proc/interrupts to catch problems. In particular,
if you have 2 serial ports in the system, you'll have an IRQ conflict with
the second one on IRQ 3, even if it doesn't show up in /proc/interrupts .
That usually causes problems receiving packaet on the interface, though;
I've never seen it interfere with either modprobe'ing or ifconfig'ing an
interface.