> I don't suppose you would be willing to tell us where you got
> /boot/vmlinux?

I found it near zImage and bzImage. I think I was seeing it as executable
and therefor the file to use and bzImage as not executable and therefor
not usable. I'm over that now :-)

> <linux>/vmlinux is the uncompressed kernel image, which
> is useful for lots of things, such as generating System.map and running
> gdb on a live kernel, but I wouldn't try to boot it.  I have no idea
> what bvmlinux is.  I just go by what <linux>/README says.  make zImage
> makes an image in <linux>/arch/i386/boot/zImage; lately that has been
> too big, as the make tells me, so I make bzImage, which makes
> <linux>/arch/i386/boot/bzImage, which I then copy to some name in /boot
> that makes sense to me, add it to lilo.conf, and it works.

I thought I was following the readme, but the above logic got me lost.

> Only the
> comments are # commented out in my lilo.conf.  Is that just your way of
> quoting?

I used "#" to quote the stuff I copied.

> I think if you would READ the response you get from make zImage, you
> would maybe be able to tell it wants you to try "make bzImage", and if
> that works, copy <linux>/arch/i386/boot/bzImage to some name that makes
> sense to you in /boot and add that to lilo.conf.  don't forget to rerun
> lilo.

I got mixed up somewhere along the track. Anyway I've fixed it now and
lilo is happy.
But I'm replying now before I reboot :-)

>From Cosmin..
>Upgrade to kernel >= 2.2.16, because in kernels < 2.2.15 it-s a major bug
I'll have a look at it when/ if I get this to work :-) Thanks for the hint.

Shane..