Hi,

On Mon, 2012-07-23 at 10:45 +0200, dexen deVries wrote:
> Hi list,
>

> a harddrive got some bad sectors and now one NILFS filesystem can't be
> mounted;
>
> mount: /dev/sda3: can't read superblock
>
> I can (try to) copy this filesystem to another drive; how do I proceed form
> that point? Does it make any sense to substitute another superblock for this
> one? (either to use a spare superblock, if such exists, or put a new
> superblock on the damaged sector(s)).
>

> Regards,

It exits second superblock at the end of NILFS volume. But it can be not
in fully synchronous state with primary ones (as I guess).
Theoretically, it is possible to copy secondary superblock on the place
of primary. But I am afraid that the NILFS volume can be in inconsistent
state anyway.

Do you sure that this volume doesn't contain another damaged sectors?

With the best regards,
Vyacheslav Dubeyko.