2011/7/28 Sricharan R <r.sricha...@ti.com>:
> [...]

Mh, so it's not a uboot issue. Checking the outputs (see below) are
identical, except Linux version and the new image is a bit smaller.
Where does the uncompressor knows about which serial port to use?

Bytes transferred = 1587592 (183988 hex)
## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.37
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1587528 Bytes =  1.5 MB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK