2011/7/29 Arno Steffen <arno.stef...@googlemail.com>:
> 2011/7/29 Tapani Utriainen <tap...@technexion.com>:
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 16:18:51 +0200
>> Arno Steffen <arno.stef...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> That has been good points. I've tried both, but with no result so far.
>>>

>> Try appending earlyprintk=${console} to your bootargs (where ${console}
>> is your console string, e.g. ttyO0,115200n8 )
>>
>> ---
>> Tapani Utriainen, PhD
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> TechNexion Ltd, www.technexion.com
>>

> Tried this without a change. I really think this is a machine-id problem.
> So although I have done same changes for my board as in my previous 33
> kernel, it might be not enough to cover the machine-id. Maybe I can
> overule this for test to find out the source of this misbehaviour.
> The problem is already before the first debug messages are coming.
> Sricharan is right, first the message uncompress has to be printed.
> Thanks
> - Arno

Did some test. So with old I can always see the message "Uncompressing
Linux... done, booting the kernel."
Even if machine-id is not match or if bootargs are wrong regarding ttyS/ttyO.
With new kernel I can't see this message. So the question: Is
something changes there in uncompressing?
I am also a bit confused that I get this:

## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 80000000 ...
   Image Name:   Linux-2.6.33
   Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
   Data Size:    1505256 Bytes = 1.4 MiB
   Load Address: 80008000
   Entry Point:  80008000
   Verifying Checksum ... OK
OK

and the kernel still has to be uncompressed?
- Arno