Hi,

Lots of R630 and R730 servers successfully installed in PXE mode with
UEFI here too. We do not "really" use jumbo frames, as the servers are
communicating on MAN networks, where some network equipments are not
able to handle packets of more than 3500 bytes size. So the switches
where servers are plugged have this size configured.

FYI, it took only one network router not supporting the correct size of
packets to have some transfer issues and timeouts, so maybe you'd better
double check all the routers between your servers and your DHCP/PXE
install server ? Any clue in its logs btw ?

Bye.

Le 14/02/2018 06:07, Klaus Steden a écrit :

> No jumbo, although for us it doesn't come into play; our DHCP servers live on
> different segments, and we're using helpers on top-of-rack switches to
> forward the requests.
>
> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Kilian Cavalotti
> <kilian.cavalotti.w...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Chris, Klaus,
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 5:38 PM, Chris Adams <li...@cmadams.net> wrote:
>>> I haven't tried UEFI PXE booting a Dell server, but I have done it with
>>> some random (non-Dell) other devices at home: notebooks, a desktop, and
>>> an Intel NUC.  Everything worked fine except the NUC, and IIRC it was
>>> similar behavior to what you describe (but it has been a little bit so I
>>> can't remember now).
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:51 PM, Klaus Steden <klausfi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm using iPXE with our Dell hardware to take care of UEFI booting and it
>>> works pretty much out of the box. We're using PE R730xd, I'd echo that it
>>> might be something like a firmware issue.
>>
>> Thanks for sharing your experiences. Do you guys know if jumbo frames
>> were/are in use on the networks involved, by any chance?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> --
>> Kilian

Links: