Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 at 6:34am, Justin Piszcz wrote
>
> > On Tue, 22 Aug 2006, Steve Cousins wrote:
> >
> >> As for system information, it is (was) a Dual Opteron with CentOS 4.3 (now
> >> I'm putting FC5 on it as I write) with a 3Ware 8506-12 SATA RAID card that
> >> I am using in JBOD mode so I could do software RAID6.
> >>

> > If you are using SW RAID, there is no 2TB limit.
>
> Ditto for more recent HW RAIDs.  *However*, there are other considerations
> when dealing with >2TiB devices.  E.g. you can't boot from them.

You are both correct. When I said "due to issues with volumes greater than 2TB"
should have indicated that they were more to do with my issues and/or our
environment.  I probably wasn't persistent enough with it.  I now have a DAS box
with >2TB volumes and it is working fine so I should probably start over using
no
partions and see how it goes.

Thanks,

Steve