From: jahammonds prost <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Neil Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Justin Piszcz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; linux-raid@vger.kernel.org
Sent: Tuesday, 27 February, 2007 8:10:36 PM
Subject: Re: trouble creating array

Just an update for everyone on this (and for the archives), Did some digging,
and had a look at the device mapper config

# dmsetup -C info

Name             Maj Min Stat Open Targ Event  UUID
mpath0           253   0 L--w    1    1      0
VolGroup00-LogVol01 253   3 L--w    1    1      0
LVM-2sahQifzg9s9k0xSkpnzpGCYd7JNVXzUof6XmQ0fhzJ6jIbQLciAbm6lJLwK0Aex
VolGroup00-LogVol00 253   2 L--w    1    1      0
LVM-2sahQifzg9s9k0xSkpnzpGCYd7JNVXzUt3sJ3nwvJF8cr6ebv5AdnY0j4Ajl6U0I
mpath0p1         253   1 L--w    0    1      0

Those 2 multipath devices shouldn't have been there, and indeed mpath0p1 were
my 2 recalcitrant disks.

# dmsetup -C remove mpath0p1
# dmsetup -C remove mpath0

And they were both gone (you need to start at the bottom of the tree when
removing them).

A quick fdisk of my disks to create sdb1 and sdc1 partitions, and my array will
be synched in 204 mins...:)

Thanks to everyones help for pointing me in the right direction.. It was a trip
I would have preferred not to have made, but like all trips like that, it's
been illuminating.

Thanks again.

Graham