Bernd Schubert wrote:
> Benjamin Schieder wrote:
>

>> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~# mdadm /dev/md/2 -r /dev/hdh5
>> mdadm: hot remove failed for /dev/hdh5: No such device
>>
>> md1 and md2 are supposed to be raid5 arrays.
>
> You are probably using udev, don't you? Somehow there's presently
> no /dev/hdh5, but to remove /dev/hdh5 out of the raid, mdadm needs this
> device. There's a workaround, you need to create the device in /dev using
> mknod and then you can remove it with mdadm.

In case the /dev/hdh5 device node is missing, mdadm will complain
"No such file or directory" (ENOENT), instead of "No such device"
(ENODEV).

In this case, as I explained in my previous email, the arrays aren't
running, and the error refers to manipulations (md ioctls) with existing
/dev/md/2.

It has nothing to do with udev.

/mjt